Contemplative practice using Visio Divina with Jesus.
Ask your group to pick an image of Jesus that speaks to them.
- Look at the image and let your eyes stay with the very first thing that you see. Keep your attention on that one part of the image that first catches your eye. Try to keep your eyes from wandering to other parts of the picture. Breathe deeply and let yourself gaze at that part of the image. (5 minutes)
- Now, let your eyes gaze at the whole image. Take your time and look at every part of the photograph. See it all. Reflect on the image for a minute or so. (5 minutes)
- Consider the following questions: (15 minutes)
- What emotions does this image evoke in you?
- What does the image stir up in you, bring forth in you?
- Does this image lead you into an attitude of prayer? If so, let these prayers take form in you. Write them down if you desire.
- Now, offer your prayers to God in a final time of silence.
Share about your experience with your Circle of Care.